Documents for a visa should be submitted to the Consular Section of the Russian Embassy in person.
We would like to inform you that visa applications will be accepted only after making an appointment . To book an appointment, please follow the link.
If a person wishes to travel through a Russian territory to another country, he/she needs a transit visa.
In case of airway transit a visa can be issued for the maximum of 3 days. The applicant who travels through the Russian Federation by car should have a transit visa valid for a period of time the fastest trip to the place of destination takes. In this case a visa can not exceed 10 days.The average daily distance to be covered by car should not be less than 500 km.
The Consular section can issue a transit visa only if an applicant does not have a possibility to travel directly from the country of origin to the country of destination.
To apply for a transit visa an applicant should submit to the Consular section:
- A completed visa application, a national passport, one passport size photo, paid travel insurance (see General Information);
- A valid visa for the country one intends to enter after crossing the Russian territory;
- The original and a copy of the air ticket to and from Russia (not the confirmation of booking).
Travelers who are going to visit Belarus and have a transit flight through Sheremetyevo airport (SVO) to Minsk airport have to obtain a transit visa in both directions.
Travelers have the right to pass through the territory of Russian Federation without a transit visa in the following cases:
- if travelers make a non-stop air flight over the territory of the Russian Federation;
- if travelers have an international air flight and transfer in a Russian airport provided they have due documents to enter the country of destination and an air flight ticket with an indicated date of flight from the Russian transfer airport within 24 hours upon arrival. A transit visa is not required if travelers remain in the transit zone of the airport in order to catch an onward or connecting flight within 24 hours of arrival;
- if travelers reside in a country that has signed a non-visa agreement with the Russian Federation.